30 September 2012

done

In the last post I was struggling with the Annis Shawl. After what seems a lifetime I have eventually finished it. Once the outer lace edge was knit, the rest of the shawl knitted up quite quickly. I was a bit timorous about blocking it and just gently pulled it and pinned it and then sprayed it with water. So my shawl is not as large as the one in the pattern. I must say I feel a sense of achievement at finishing as I nearly gave up a few times during the early stages. Here's a few photos of the finished shawl.

 
 close up of the lace edge
 
 
 
I used beads instead of knitting the nupps which made progress quicker
 

 
 
 
On with the next project now.
Bye, Ali.
 



3 comments:

  1. It is so beautiful Ali. Do you wear the triangle to the front, around the neck?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it maybe looks better from a distance, on closer examination there might be a few errors!......dont think the sides are long enough to have the triangle at the front

      Delete
  2. Anonymous1/10/12 00:24

    Well done! I commend your tenacity and patience...

    ReplyDelete

Id love to hear what you think about my blog, knits etc.