25 May 2014

order out of chaos

 
 
I'm a great fan of Professor Brian Cox .......well who isn't really! and I watch all his TV programmes. In the Wonders of the Universe, he talks about a phenomenon called entropy, a law of physics that tells us any system tends towards disorder. That's certainly true about my large stash of craft materials. But I have I have disproved this law. Here is my messy tangled collection of embroidery floss in their old biscuit tin........

 
 
 
However I untangled them and wound them onto separate cards......

 
and put them in their new box, all colour co-ordinated. Just waiting for a new sewing project. Problem is how long will they stay in this orderly neat fashion, as I am such a messy worker.
 

Till next time, Ali.

8 comments:

  1. They look fabulous. You've certainly disproved that theory.

    ReplyDelete
  2. *swoon* Chrissie x ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I could do with taking a leaf out of your book! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Fabulous rainbow of silkiness....and possibilities!
    We're all big Prof Brain Cox fans too!
    Ali x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't think my comment went through, if this is a duplicate, sorry.
    I love all the bright jewel colours of the silks, very touchy feely . brian cox
    is great, what's not to like?

    ReplyDelete
  6. That looks such a good idea! I have many tangled skeins of embroidery thread, I must aim to do this! They all looks so pretty, and it must make sewing a lot easier!
    Gill

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well done, your threads all look beautifully organised now! Every now and then I sort mine out too....at the moment I have a tin full of tangles waited to be wound onto bobbins!
    Happy weekend!
    Helen xox

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous24/7/14 09:52

    Tip: When you split your threads, wind the remainer of the thread in the opposite direction on your spool...then It's ready for use later and no tangles and no waste.

    ReplyDelete

Id love to hear what you think about my blog, knits etc.