30 August 2015

holiday knitting

I am just back from a short break in London. I'm not a great reader so wanted to bring some knitting for any spare time I had when I was away. I was only taking hand luggage so wondered how I could get knitting needles past airport security. My usual Knitpro Karbonz had to be left behind and instead I took a set of bamboo dpns. I knew I couldn't take scissors either, so I purchased a Clover yarn cutter - makes an attractive pendant too.




 I wanted a nice easy knit so decided on some preemie hats for the local charity Tiny Life. I contacted them a while ago and they kindly sent me some patterns.
All went well going through security and the needles went unnoticed, no problem. On arriving at the hotel, I "bagged" the lounger as my knitting chair, lovely and relaxing and the light was nice and bright.




I got quite a few hats knit, being so small they knit up very quickly. Here's a few of them in a variety of sizes....


As well as the hats I practised a bit of cabling, something I haven't done before and wanted to have a go before starting my next project.

  Till next time, Ali.

8 comments:

  1. What a wonderful way to relax - on the comfy lounger with a bright view, knitting pretty pastel preemie hats. They're gorgeous Ali!
    I'm sure they'll be well received.
    Your cabling looks fun too - wonder what's next?!
    Ali x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you had a lovely break on London Ali!
    Well done on getting your needles through security, I'm sure Tiny Life will be very grateful that you did!
    V x

    ReplyDelete
  3. your hats are gorgeous Ali. Tiny Life are a great group and do such good work. Glad your trip went well, that lounger looks great

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such cute little hats, pretty yarn too. I have one of those clover cutters, very useful xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely hats, live the yarn too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a perfect place to knit with your feet up Ali!...The little hats are just gorgeous and I'm sure you'll love making cables :-)
    Have a lovely weekend,
    Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sons partner got her carbon fibre needles taken off her by Eurostar security , not at all happy .

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for visiting my blog. I was always a bit scared of cabling but it is OK isn't it. Your sample would make a great baby headband with a flower on. Jo x
    http://joeveryday19.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Id love to hear what you think about my blog, knits etc.