9 April 2016

cup of tea

The latest novelty knitting pattern Ive tried is one by Clare Scope-Farrell, entitled Time for Tea.
Usually when I'm commenting on other designers patterns, I'm off the opinion "if you cant say anything nice, don't say anything at all", as I know how hard it is to actually write a pattern.
However, my gripe was not with the actual pattern, which was a fun knit, it was that it was only available as a Kindle edition e-book. Now I don't own a Kindle but was able to download the Kindle app on my phone....


Call me old fashioned, but I did struggle with this. I like a hard copy so I can scribble my own notes on it and mark the rows off as I go along. Anyway, I persevered as I quite liked the look of the finished item. I did change the pattern "translating" it so that i knitted most of the pieces I could in the round. I don't know why the designer has chosen this way to distribute some of her patterns, maybe it is here way of dealing with copyright issues.
I did finish it with a few technical hiccups on the way....


The buns are real, by the way. For more details of this and other Clare Scope-Farrell patterns, click here
Till next time, Ali.

5 comments:

  1. I know what you mean, I downloaded a quilting book once to kindle and it was disastrous, never mind to my iPhone. But, I do love this, it knitted up very well for you. Is there card in the saucer and plate? And are the buns still in existence?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The cup of tea is so realistic. Clever pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this pattern....such a cute knit!
    Helen xox

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful blue Ali - just like the spring sky!
    The nearly full tea cup looks so realistic!
    I always have a hard copy of a pattern, and a pencil...
    Teamendous knit!
    Ali x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous28/4/16 15:10

    Hey, My bestie won this comp. She deserved it too. Well done Ali! Ever so proud of you!

    ReplyDelete

Id love to hear what you think about my blog, knits etc.